On the Feast of All Saint’s Day, November 1, 1841, a small log chapel was dedicated on the bluff overlooking the Mississippi river. At the time the chapel was built, there were only a few French Canadian families living in the area. Little did these early settlers know that this little chapel would become a cathedral, a school, a hospital, and would be the inspiration and beginning of a city that would adopt its name and become the capital of the State of Minnesota.
- French-American Heritage Foundation’s Annual Tour
- News and Events
- Paths and Roads to Becoming French, and a Book-Loving Métis